Tuesday, September 18, 2012

They are Growing

Yesterday the egg retrieval went great! We had to be at the clinic at 6:15 and they did the retrieval a little after 7. Like I had said, I was a little nervous of the sedation but it wasn't that bad at all. I remember telling them I knew the medicine was working b/c the room was spinning and then the next thing I knew they were waking me up on the cart. The only thing I don't remember is going from the surgery room to the post op area. Soon after I did take 1/2 a pain pill since I was starting to cramp already and I am glad I did! I ended up taking a whole one 4 hours later b/c I was pretty sore/crampy. I did get nauseous on the way home once and another time at home but today I feel A lot better!! Hopefully I don't think I will have to take any pills today.

They were able to retrieve 20 EGGS!!! Then this morning they called and said, 16 were mature and 9 fertilized:) Woo Hoo!! I keep praying they stay strong b/c those are our embryo babies! Now I just have to wait to see when they can transfer them back inside me. Usually they wait 5 days to make sure they do okay.

Yesterday I was pretty much bed ridden and we decided to rent "what to expect when you are expecting". It was a funny movie but we could relate to some of the couples! I know it is a comedy but I started crying when they were all delivering. I couldn't help it! And the part where the one couple was meeting the child they adopted.....so sweet! It was the perfect time to watch this movie! I hope we will be doing the same thing in 9 months:) I will update in a couple days about the transfer date!

6 comments:

Abbie said...

This is just beyond exciting...everything is falling into place and I'm so happy for you guys!!! I will continue to pray for you thru this process - good luck!!

-Abbie

Unknown said...

So happy for you guys!! Saying a prayer for you, and will continue to pray!!

Erica said...

This is amazing news!! I am so happy for you guys and will continue praying.

Whitney said...

Praise Jesus! This is awesome news! Will continue to think and pray for you guys!

Ania said...

Wasn't that movie great? I like how they didn't leave infertility out of it.

Tera said...

Praying for you!! Please update soon!!