Monday, December 2, 2013

The Truth

Well, Thanksgiving has come and gone.....and Black Friday (yes, I love to go shopping online and in stores that day). I know there is so much to be Thankful for and I AM Thankful for so much! But, at the same time this Thanksgiving I didn't get into as much as I you usually do. The truth is I feel like there is a missing piece and that just holds me back. I went to bed with tears in my eyes praying for the time to come for us to have "our little family". I love seeing all those pictures posted on Facebook and blogs but at the same time am envious. I know Christmas will be here before we know it! In 23 days....is that, right!? Whew! I lOVE listening to Christmas music, baking, decorating, spending time with family and friends, driving around looking at Christmas lights, picking out gifts and remembering the true reason of Christmas! But, deep down inside I will be waiting on the BEST gift EVER.

3 comments:

Erica said...

I remember those days. I am always thinking of you and I know when your little family is finally all together these times will become a distant memory. I hope you have a wonderful holiday season!

Jaimee Granberry said...

It takes a lot of courage to admit that- be proud of yourself! I was there not too long ago and clearly remember the emotions. It's so hard. Praying for your sweet family and His perfect timing!

Shannon said...

the depth of ache to which God has placed in your heart is beyond evident, surely it correlates to the abundant joy he has coming, a uniquely designed fit that will fill up your valley of longing - love you!!!! Shannon