Wednesday, July 27, 2011

In Memory of Lindsey Rochelle Nelson

Today at exactly noon it was 7 years since my little sister went up to heaven. I will NEVER forget that day or the night before when it was the last time I would be able to talk to her. Somtimes I am scared I will forget exactly what she looked like that day but then when I think about it I don't think I can ever forget her face! My sister and I were 5 years apart and were just starting to grow closer. She had just turned 14 and I was 19. I will never forget the day of the accident and for a long time I would not even talk about it much. It was the scarriest thing I could have dreamed of. I feel so bad when people say, I didn't know you had a sister. I WANT people to know I have sister! I know some people didn't know me then and I understand that and I just explain to them. She had a BIG heart, was an animal lover (her favorites were rabbits, dogs, cats and horses), was shy, hard workder (she detaseld corn out in the fields that hot summer), strong, had a good outlook on life, and wanted to be a vet when she grew up.


From that day our family still doesn't feel complete and I know it won't until we all meet again. At times my dad will say I wish God would have taken me instead of Lindsey which is hard. I know a lot of parents that have lost kids that will say that a lot. But my dad could have easily been taken that day also. God worked some miracles on him that day and for months after the accident. I always tell myself there is a reason for everything! I believe in that! I can't think about, what ifs. I can only cherish what we had because each day is a new day and we never know what will happen. Losing my sister was the hardest thing I have had to deal with in my life! But if she was never born I would have never had those memories. I know at her funeral the priest told everyone to spend the rest of the day with their kids and I want to say the same. So if you have that time.....which I know everyone will have time whether they think they do or not. And spend it with your kids or your loved ones!


I Love You Lindsey and Miss you very much. Until we meet again!




I had bought this picture last year because it reminded me of her love for horses and of her. The moment I seen it I just knew I had to buy it and hang it up in our house. 

2 comments:

Leah Robinson said...

How precious!! You are such a great big sis =) I know she's bragging about you up there!! Love you Ash!

Brittany Janae said...

You are too sweet!!! I love your post about your sister :)Thinking of you...