Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thankful

With Thanksgiving being tomorrow there is always that question: What are you thankful for? I know there is not a day that passes that I am not thankful! I do want to share a couple things I am thankful for and only a couple because I could go on and on if I would post EVERYTHING I am thankful for.

LIFE! GOD created this world for us to live and I am so thankful for that. I thank God every night for the life he has given me. Our God is a big God that can do anything and I am blessed to call him MY God.

My husband. He is the perfect guy for me and can always make me smile no matter what! Each day I love him even more and I am thankful for the man that he is! I love him with all my heart and I am going to love growing old with him.

Family. I don't know what I would do without my family. Even though my sister is in heaven and our hearts ache to be with her we are still a family without her here on earth but know that one day we will be together again in a better place:)

Friends. I love knowing the fact that I can trust them and can share anything with them and feel completely comfortable.

Memories. What would we do without memories. I can't imagine doing something and then forgetting the next day.

Work. I am glad that I have a job and a job that I love. I know some days can just flat out be crazyyy but I love having that interaction with other people that I am helping take care of.

Infertility. Now this is something that I don't want to be thankful for at times but I know this was planned for Jarod and I and we have to accept that....and we are. This has been ONE of the hardest things in my life but we have grown so much from this already and have grown closer to God. 

Difficulties. Difficulties are opportunities to better things; they are stepping stones to greater experience. When one door closes, another always opens


Chocolate. haha. What would I do without it....I know I am not the only one thankful for this;) Now Jarod on the other hand wouldn't know what to do without pizza. lol.



On another note. I wanted to update on our resutls from Jarod's testicular biopsy. We went to Indy last monday and found out the results of the biposy. It wasn't good news but it wasn't bed either. The results came back stating that Jarod is producing a VERY low amount of sperm. We do have some swimmers though:) So he doesn't have a blockage. The news didn't surprise me after talking to the doctor after Jarod's surgery a couple weeks ago. I just had a feeling that was what we were going to hear. There really is no medication to help with sperm production unless it involves abnormal hormone levels and Jarod's hormones are just fine! So Jarod went to a local amish guy and bought an herb and is taking some other vitamins that may help. Maybe in another month or two Jarod will do ANOTHER semen anaylsis to see if he has any sperm and if so we will try and freeze them. We have talked about doing IVF if we can use any of the frozen sperm but we don't know if that is an option right now. We have so many things we can do but it is just the thought of what is going to be the best for US. Whenever we find out anything I will be sure to update.....until then.


I hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving and gets stuffed on all that Thanksgiving food. hehe.


Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, ever have enough

3 comments:

Abbie said...

Hey Ashley - I just wanted to say this was such a wonderful post...you are always such a positive and upbeat person and I always feel uplifted after reading your posts! Even though you and Jarod are dealing with infertility - you are such a strong woman and try to see the upside to everything! Thank you for being the woman that you are - you inspire me:)!! Have a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving!!

Tera said...

I loved that you included infertility and difficulties because it's definitely during the valleys and trials of life that we feel God's presence in our lives the most!

Sonya said...

Loved your post, you are such a positive and uplifting person. I think about you so often and I know it has to be rough. But you are so strong and I am in awe of that. Thank you for your comment on my blog. We would have prob. taken Hailey to Indy sooner, but her doc was on a 2 week vacation. So now that he came back yest. he wants to see her today. Hopefully we will know more then.:)