Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Hubby Down

I know I have posted a few weeks ago that Jarod was going to have a testicular biopsy......well he finally had that done! This past monday we had to be in Indy at 7:30 for surgery and we were out of the outpatient surgery center by 11:30. I thought Jarod did a great job through everything and right after surgery he asked for a big cup of water;) If you don't know my hubby too well he drinks lots and lots of water and having to not be able to eat or drink anything after midnight the night before was hard on him.

We scheduled  the surgery when I would be off for a couple days so I could put my nursing skills to good use on my hubby. haha. I have been doing some pampering, cooking, trying to keep him comfortable, and just being there for him. He is still a little sore today but hopefully in a few more days he will be back to his old self!!! The doctor said, he will have to be off work for atleast 2 weeks and most people are feeling better after 6 days. I know this was something he wasn't looking forward to and is glad that it is over with. Now we just have to wait on the results to come back. These results can reflect what the future may hold and what decisions we may have to make. This month will make it a year since we have been trying. Boy oh boy how much we have learned and grew stronger through this all......but at times we think can we just have our baby now Lord?! I know it isn't that easy and I have learned to be a little more patient. I have such a loving husband to have at my side and he is more than I could have ever asked for.

Oh, and one more thing! If you happen to see my hubby around and it looks like he came out of the jungle. He didn't......he just decided he isn't going to shave for the next couple weeks and is growing his hair out!!!! Yeah......it is only day 4 and he has a beard. I am hoping I can convince him to shave sooner than that?! Sorry if he scares any of your kids. hahaha

3 comments:

Whitney said...

Glad to hear everything went well. I'm sure it is hard to keep Jarod down and make him rest! Praying for you guys and hoping for the best!

Chelsa said...

glad to hear it went well. i'll be praying for your result!

you crack me up (about scaring the kids!).

Leah Robinson said...

Awww, what a trooper!! Glad he's doing ok! lots of prayers =)