Thursday, January 22, 2009

Ice Skating

This week we haven't been too busy. Jarod is working a little less since it is always slow in January for UPS. We have been able to spend a lot more time together which I love. Mostly lounging around and taking it easy:) However, this past weekend we went to Evansville to go ice-skating....what fun!! I haven't been since like the fifth grade. I din't know how I would do or how Jarod would do since he has never been. At first I was like, okay I can barely get around and all of us were hugging the wall. haha. All of us meaning Al and D'Andrea, Jhance and DeAnne, Todd and Steph and Jarod and I. I was so happy all of us could get together at once...doesn't get to happen that often. After a few minutes it became a lot easier to my surprise. I roller bladded a lot when I was younger so I think that helped! I don't think it was Jarod's favorite sport. He stayed along the wall pretty much most of the time. hehe. I thought it was funny when the little kids would come speeding right past him and he would tense up a little. He didn't fall though! I fell on my hands a couple times b/c I was trying to do some spins...I think they were a little too fast though. woops! We all had a blast but don't know if we will go again anytime soon....we want to go skiing or tubing next. Has anyone been tubing?? After we ice skated it was time for food at Texas Roadhouse. I love that place!! We all went at 5 evansville time and had to wait an hour. I thought that was crazy at 5....but we waited. Then after we ate Jarod and I went to a couple stores to look at wii games. Didn't get any b/c we didn't know what games we would like. We have been doing this for a while and only have one game at home.....don't know when we will make up our minds up. haha. Maybe next year;)


Also another little update on my dad. He felt fine the day of the surgery but ever since saturday his stomach has been feeling full and he just doesn't feel like him self. He has been getting down a little b/c he had been feeling so good for almost a year now without any MAJOR problems. I told him he some swelling that is probably causing some of that discomfort and he has been taking meds for bladder spasms that just started. I just hope he starts to feeling better soon!! Khloe and I are going over to see him today. Khloe will cheer him up....she is just too silly!! Until next time take care.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ice Skating, sound fun! Although I would probably be like Jarod and hug the wall the entire time. LOL. So what wii game do you have? I can recommend some. I love the WII fit though for some excercise and it is fun.

Chelsa said...

love the pic of jarod hugging the wall :) too funny!

hope your dad gets to feeling better soon!