Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas

So Christmas is over with now which makes me a little sad. I love Christmas time and all the good things that happen around Christmas. Christmas week was really busy since we had 5 family Christmas party's to go to this year. Saturday we went to my g-ma Nelson's to eat lunch and we had such a great time. We did not do any gift giving which was perfectly fine with me, but the kids did get a little gift though. It was good to see my cousins, aunts, uncles and g-ma of course:)
Saturday for supper we went to Jarod's g-ma (Hoover) Chrismas dinner. Let me tell you....that family is huge! I don't even know how many people were there or where to even start. But I do love playing the secret santa with the Hoover girls. It takes a long time but it is really fun....and there are always such cute gifts. Usually there are a couple gifts that get stolen and go round and round and round. Sunday we went to my mom and dad's for lunch. It was just me and Jarod and my mom and dad but I love going over there. We played games, ate, opened gifts and talked. My mom even got a Coldstone ice-cream cake for the dessert. I LOVE Coldstone! It was soo good. I got a Chi straightner which are one of the greatest things ever. I have always wanted one but never have bought one. I also got Elf the movie (one of my fav. movies), Coldstone gift card (hehe) and money. Jarod got money and a remote control car. My dad has ton and has given Jarod a couple already. Boys and there toys! Tuesday and Wednesday I had to work:(

Then on Thursday.....Christmas Day!! Jarod and I made breakfast....we started this tradition last year on our first Chrismas as the Knepps. I love making breakfast with him...well I just love him all together!! We ate and then opened the gifts. I got a Kitchen aid mixer. I already knew what I was getting but haddened opened it....was waiting till Christmas day:) I got Jarod a ladder, pants (wasn't his favorite gift.haha) and Starbucks coffee sampler. He has become such a coffee drinker....every morning he has a cup of coffee. I drink coffee occasionally but not all the time. Neither one of used to like coffee but it seems to have grown on us! When we were making breakfast I kept telling Jarod just to make cappuchino b/c I knew when he opened his gift he could make the coffee I got him!

For lunch we went to my mom's side (Schroering). Both of my grandparents are passed away but we still get together for all the holidays. We ate and played bingo. Yes bingo. I haden't played in forever but it was a lot of fun. Christmas night Jarod and I just layed on the couch together and watched a little tv. Then it came to our last Christmas party friday with the Knepps. It is amazing how much all three of the little boys have grown. Ashton, Aidan and Dru are such characters. We always eat, exchange presents and play pictionary. I would have to say I think that is one my favorite games!

It is hard to imagine another Christmas has past. Time just goes too fast. I just hope everyone else had a great Christmas!

1 comment:

Chelsa said...

glad you guys had such a good christmas :)