Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Remembering Lindsey

On July 21st it would have been Lindsey's 23rd Birthday and on July 27th it has been 9 years since my little sister went to heaven. There is not a day that goes that I don't think of her. Last week was especially hard, but it is like that whenever it gets close to the Anniversary date. I was talking to someone that lost a family member. They said, they really didn't know what I went through until they lost someone so close. So true. You have an understanding but until you go through it you totally don't know. My parents go to a support group called "Compassionate Friends" for parents that lost a child. It is a great support group and helps them cope with the loss.

I always wonder what it would be like if she was still here. Would she still raise her rabbits or have her dream come true of having a horse. She loved her animals! With us thinking about a nursery I wonder if we should have a rabbit theme just because of her or some sort of animal theme. I want her to be a part even with her not here with us. I Love you Lindsey Rochelle and Happy 9th Birthday in Heaven!

1 comment:

Jaimee Granberry said...

I truly cannot even imagine. Thinking of you and your family.