Thursday, July 11, 2013

Our Adoption Decision

As most of you know we haven't had the easiest time "trying" to get pregnant. Between the news when first started trying 3.5 years ago, canceled IUI's/FET, negative IVF and the ups and downs of trying to find the best medications so my body wouldn't stimulate too much. Oh what a journey that has been. I wanted it to work so bad and had dreams that I would get pregnant. But, that didn't happen. It was so hard getting my hopes up then getting them knocked down again and again! At times I felt like I was getting punished. After the horrible accident that paralyzed my dad and killed my sister instantly I thought I wouldn't have any heartache for a while. I never in a million years thought me, being the only one that can give my parents a grandchild can't do that now, but I can. At first I was upset but over time I have actually grown closer to God. I rely on my faith more than ever and HIS plans for us. It amazes me how HE can work.

It is funny how things can just hit you. One day I was at home and said to Jarod, I think I am done with treatments! Just like that I was ready to move on. Well, I did think about it A LOT. I thought about what we should do and I wanted to feel comfortable with my decision. Jarod has always wanted to adopt from the beginning but I wanted to try a few treatments first and then we had talked about adopting our second child. It isn't happening like that and that is okay. We are going to become parents and grow as a family and we can't wait! Yeah, I would LOVE to get pregnant but I have to accept that may never happen. We will love any child that becomes ours whole heartedly no matter what!!

We decided in early May to adopt. And right away I was ready to get started with ALL the paperwork! We were so excited! The paperwork and everything we had to do scared me at first and it was all a little overwhelming. We have completed most of it and I feel more relieved. I am hoping we can have our home study done by early/mid August and be active sometime in August:)

Hoping for a smooth process! 

4 comments:

Jaimee Granberry said...

I am just so excited for you guys! What a wonderful journey you're on...hopefully it won't be long now until you hold your son or daughter in your arms!

Brittany Janae said...

So exciting!!! Praying for you guys:)

brandy said...

I know it was not an easy decision to make with the adoption process, but I am so excited for the love you will be able to give to a child that might not have otherwise had it! Hoping it is a smooth process! I work in the NICU and there are so many babies that need homes! I hope that God unites you with yours soon!

Shannon said...

you're such a strong-hearted girl! sending you love on your journey - excited to follow along!