Saturday, November 17, 2012

OBX 2012

We took one last trip this year and debated about where we wanted to go. Well, we decided on the Outerbanks!!!! We knew we wanted to drive somewhere this time and couldn't decide on going more south or east. We knew it would be colder if we drove east but then we knew it would be beautiful in the fall time. So, since we always go somewhere tropical we decided we would do something a little different. I am so glad we did!!! We LOVED OBX!

I have some pictures from our trip that I wanted to share!





On our way to Asheville (half way stop). We drove different roads to and from OBX so we could see a little more. My favorite state to drive through was Virginia. Especially this time of year!


We get excited about tunnels:) We are the people that have to honk our horn! I didn't get a picture of the long tunnel in Norfolk, Virginia but that one was pretty neat too. We drove under the sea!


We have always heard people talk about the Biltmore Mansion so we decided to go. It made me feel like I was in a movie. It was BEAUTIFUL!!! Highly recommend! 




I love this!


On one of the trails! 


Perfect day




The visitor center! They have to have one of the cutest visitor centers.



 The view from our condo that I didn't want to leave:(


In our hot tub! I made Jarod go in it every night with me!


Homey (if that is a word) gas stations. The one we stopped at before this had a sign on the door that said, be back in 5 minutes! lol. I think they would only do this during the non-busy season.


At one of the beaches looking for wild horses!




We finally found two after walking 2 miles on the beach and sand dunes.


Just having fun! Really no one on the beach except cars driving back and forth...too bad we didn't have a 4 wheel drive. 


In duck, NC where we ate lunch.


At Jockey ridge. It felt like we were in the desert becasue there was sand everywhere!


My favorite picture of us from the trip! We didn't get many though.




Another sign. ha




We were on another barge like this waiting to go back from the island. It felt so weird to be on the ocean with our vehicle.


And it makes me wanna take a back road...... ;)


We got a thumbs up!


The beach behind our condo


Sunrise the last day in OBX


And one last picture of fall! I Love this one! 


Until our next little trip..........

2 comments:

Jaimee Granberry said...

It all looked beautiful!! Makes me ready for a vacation!

Unknown said...

Awesome pictures!! Looks like so much fun :)