Wednesday, August 31, 2011

One Step Forward and One Step Back

 I haven't updated in a while about our infertility journey. Mostly because from May to August our doctor wanted me to take Metformin for those 3 months and then come back to see if it was helping with my PCOS. I was sooo ready to go back in August because that medicine messes with your stomach. Yuck! I thought the medicine was helping but was still a little nervous the day we had to go back to see Dr. Jarrett. Well.......we did get good news. FINALLY!!!!! He too thought the medicine was helping and said we are ready to do an IUI procedure whenever we are ready! The moment I heard that my heart was lifted up. Jarod and I looked at one another like, really?! I was so happy that day and we haden't even started anything. It was just the idea that we could finally move forward and no more testing or trying a different medication. I was like are we getting more normal?? Because all of this can make you feel a little less normal if you know what I mean.

We had our appt. August and thought we would try the IUI procedure in September. But, I got to talking to Jarod and said I would like to try this month. He was okay with that and so I called the office to let them know! We have waited this long and I just wanted to do it!! haha.

So when the time came to do my baseline ultrasound last week before we would start taking the medication to stimulate my ovaries that is when we took one step back. The nurse said I have a large cyst on my left ovary and she doesn't want me to go through with the procedure this month! The weird thig is I was like, okay. I didn't get emotional and start crying but I felt peace with the whole situation. After I left the office I was thinking maybe that was a sign God wanted us to wait till next month. Don't get me wrong I still would have LOVED to have "tried" this month but I guess I am so use to the doctors telling us we will have to wait once again.

So now they still have me taking Metformin and started me on birth control. Then I should go back sometime next month for another ultrasound! In my head I am like, God please let this help!!!! I know I am not the only person out there that is going through this but it is something Jarod and I want so badly it hurts. My heart aches for all the other couples going through this same thing. But I know the time will come!!

9 comments:

Abbie said...

Oh Ashley- my heart hurts for you guys! I wish there was something I could say that would make a difference! All I know is that God has an amazing plan for you and I will be praying that he carries it out sooner than later for you guys! Love you!

Chelsa said...

Well, PTL for good news finally! Boo to the bad news, but September is here ;) Praying for you guys!

Leah Robinson said...

That's wonderful news! I was on metformin also! Well and just so you know, when we were trying to get preggo with Stella...the first cycle the nurse didn't want me to try...we still did anyway and it was a negative pregnancy test. Then the 2nd time, I had one semi-good follicle on the ultrasound and we got preggo! Have they talked to you about using follistim injections or famera? I also took the HCG shot the time I got preggo with stella and it worked!

Ashley said...

Thanks girls!!! It means a lot to me knowing their are people praying for us!

Leah- They haven't talked about using follitism injections or famera. If my ovaries would have looked good they were going to start me on meds. the second day of my cycle. Frist Letrozole (5 days) and a SQ injection (forgetting the name) for 5-6 days after the Letrozole. The metformin is def. making my cycle more regular but not helping with my stubborn cysts:( Hopefully the metformin and birth control can knock them down. haha. If not I will find out next month what they want me to do! I know when I went in I don't think it was the right time to look to see if I had good follicles. I so want to say, just gor for it!!!! Thanks for the info:)

Erica said...

Hey Girlie,

You know I am always thinking of you and praying for you guys. I am so amazed with your strength through all of this. September is now here and I am hoping and praying this is the month for you! xoxoxo Erica

Courtney, Jeff, Ayla & Leah said...

Love hearing things are on the right track for you. You know in medicine, things don't always pan out the first time. Those mds know what you are doing though. I will def keep praying for you. You guys WILL be awesome parents, I just know that in my heart. :) Plus, your future babe will be pumped to see your Disney trip pics too. Made me want to go back soon!

hopeful said...

I hope your IUI is successful for you! I just had my first one done two weeks ago.

Ania said...

Hi,
Found your blog via the Piffer's and searching for infertility blogs. I have PCOS to and am stuck in hampster wheel of waiting. Thanks for helping me realize I'm not alone!

Anonymous said...

Ashley I'm starting Letrozole too this month!!! I feel like we are going thru this together and I don't even know u!!! I've also been doing acupuntcure... I love it, but am willing to do just about what ever anyone tells me to get pregnant:) Thoughts and prayers your way!! Crossing my fingers that next month you guys can try and maybe we will both end up getting preggers around the same time:) Good luck!!!!