Sunday, January 3, 2010

Something Yummy

I just wanted to do a quick post. If you are interested try these two recipes that are oh so yummyyy! Don't be scared to try them trust me they are good:) I fell in love with the chocolate cake it is one of the best I have ever tried. I am a big chocolate lover too....I can't make too many of these b/c I would eat way more than I should!!

Chocolate Cake



I used the Ghiradelli cupcake mix. I don't know if they have this at wal-mart (haven't checked yet) but I got this at Sam's. All you have to do is make the recipe on the back for the triple layer chocolate cake.
1 pouch cupcak mix
1 cup (8 oz.) sour cream
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs

For the Frosting
1 pouch Ghiradelli frosting mix (came in the box)
1/2 cup butter, softened
3-4 tablespoons hot water

Mix all the cake mix ingredients until blended and bake at 350 degrees for 16-20 minutes if you use three 8 inch round cake pans. I used two 9 inch pans and didn't have any problems. I think I cooked it a little longer though. For the frosting mix. Mix all ingredients on low speed for 30 seconds, scrape the bowl and then mix on high for 2 minutes until light and fluffy! Then all you have to do is put it together and your done and ready to enjoy.

Corn Bread Salad




1 box Jiffy
2 cans pinto beans
1 can whole kernal corn
6 green onions, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
3 med. tomatoes, diced
1 c. sour cream
1 c. miracle whip
1 pkg. ranch dressing mix
2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
1 pkg. real bacon bits

Bake corn bread according to box. Drain beans, corn and tomatoes very well. Use a paper towel to get rid of any excess moisture. Crumble corn bread into bottom of 9X13 pan. Layer beans, corn, onions, peppers, and tomatoes on top of corn bread. Mix the sour cream, miracle whip and ranch mix together well. Add on top of the tomatoes. Top with cheese and bacon bits.

Hope you enjoy!! I did get one last picture of the corn bread salad before we ate it;)

4 comments:

Desiree' said...

the cornbread recipe looked very good at the christmas supper, but i don't care for beans...i may try them without beans! wiah ya woulda brought the choc cake to the supper tho! lol...

Greta said...

Cornbread salad has been a big hit in our family for a while. I LOVE IT! And actually, I may just have to make a grocery run today just to get the ingredients for it!! Thanks for sharing!

Leah Robinson said...

YUMMY!

Chelsa said...

both sound great to me!!!!