Monday, July 27, 2009

In Memory Of My Sister

This post is in memory of my younger sister Lindsey Rochelle Nelson. There is not a day that passes that I don't think of her and on this day it is especially hard. I miss her so much words can't even desribe it. I always wonder what it would be like if she was still here with us. I know she is in a better place but I still think about the what if's or why. We are 5 years apart in age(she just turned 14 and I was almost 19) and we were just starting to become even closer and have more things in common. Sometimes I get a little jealous when I see other friends and family with their siblings b/c I don't have that any more...but I am happy for them that they are able to enjoy their sisters and/or brothers. Enjoy their presence and tell them that you love them today!!! We never know when they will leave us for heaven. I never knew that night before the accident would be my last time to speak to my sister. She was on her way to the 4-H fairgrounds to show her rabbits....where now we have a sign in memory of her. I love you Lindsey and I just wanted to let everyone know that I have a sister and to keep her in your memory!! Someday we will meet again!




6 comments:

Leah Robinson said...

I will say a special prayer for you today, as I'm sure it's VERY tough! I cannot ever imagine losing my lil sister!

Guatmama said...

Ashley,

I remember when this accident happened. I didn't realize it was your sister, my prayers are with you!

Another Ashley...

Nicole Benjamin said...

Your in my thoughts & prayers Ashley!

Chelsa said...

saying an extra prayer for you sweetie. it is nice to see pictures of your sister!

Susie said...

I saw your blog via Leah's blog and saw the picture of you and your sister and was just curious who died so young. I distinctively remember that accident too and every time I drive by there I say a prayer for the family that was involved and for you (even though i didn't realize it was you I was praying for) My girls were involved with 4H this year and we drove past there several times with taking their projects, etc...and it also reminded me of your sister doing the same thing. I'm sure that has had to be one of the hardest things to go through and still going through...just wanted you to know that God is good and the holy spirit prompted a complete stranger to prayer for you all as well.

Tera said...

I am so sorry, Ashley. I can't imagine how hard this must be for you.