Sunday, February 16, 2014

Prayers Answered

I have been debating on when I wanted to post this. But, I can't hold back the excitement any longer! A birth mother chose US!!!!!! We have known for a few weeks now after our agency gave us "the call". I will never ever forget that moment. I always wondered what it would feel like it and words can't describe! I have felt such a weight lifted after so many years of trying, hoping and praying for a child. I'm not going to go into any detail but everything feels like it is meant to be. I keep thanking God everyday and always will for this gift and opportunity. No papers have been signed because the baby isn't born yet but the birth mother that chose us is AMAZING and everything I had prayed for in a birth mother. Almost too good to be true. I'm not going to say when the due date is just because of my blog being public and for the protection of everyone. I do know we are on cloud nine though:) He/she is going to receive an abundance of love! Love we have been wanting to give a child for so long! I hope everything continues to go so well.

12 comments:

Erin and Ryan said...

What wonderful news! Have been following your journey for a bit now and am SO happy to read this :) Can't wait to read more about your little one...when the time is right, of course!

Jaimee Granberry said...

Oh my goodness!!! I have been praying for you for so long and I'm jumping for joy reading this! I will continue to pray that the rest of the adoption process goes without a hiccup. Praise HIM!!!

Tracy said...

Yay!! I can't believe it, I mean I can believe it!! I know the feeling of getting that call. I'm so over the moon happy for you. Ok Mommy, Your Are Expecting! I'm praying for your famly. Enjoy this time. I made a journal of what we did, how we were feeling, who we told etc... It is fun to look back on.
Congrats!!

Tracy said...

Yay!! I can't believe it, I mean I can believe it!! I know the feeling of getting that call. I'm so over the moon happy for you. Ok Mommy, Your Are Expecting! I'm praying for your famly. Enjoy this time. I made a journal of what we did, how we were feeling, who we told etc... It is fun to look back on.
Congrats!!

Whitney said...

This is amazing news! Congrats to you and Jarod! Continued prayers for the rest of the process. God is good!

Anonymous said...

SO SO SO EXCITING!!!! I am just now reading this after not keeping my blog up for a few months :( but am so excited for you and will continue to pray the rest of the process goes smoothly!!! Congratulations!!!

Ashley said...

Thanks so much for the kind words, prayers and thoughts! It almost doesn't feel real after waiting for so long. Need a little pinch here and there;) Hope to give another update soon!

Courtney, Jeff, Ayla & Leah said...

Yayyyyyyy! Oh my! SO very, very happy for you guys. Can't wait to see your lil beauty and hopefully meet them someday. I know you guys will be amazing parents molded in your waiting. God is good

JessGraceIz said...

We are so very excited for you and Jarod! Billy and I have been thinking about you guys since you have told us at the beginning of this journey and this child is already so blessed to have wonderful parents as you two. I can't wait to hear about the next step of your journey...Congrats Momma!!!

The Wiscott's said...

Congrats on your connection with a birth mom. I know how it feels to hold that secret in for ever. We only told our family and very close friends so when she did arrive it was a great surprise to share with everyone. If you have to travel to get your little one let me know we had to live in a hotel in Louisiana for 12 days before we could come back to Utah

Abbie said...

So excited - can't wait to see this unfold:) Congrats and wishing you all the happiness in the world!

Erica said...

this is the most wonderful news I have read! so excited for you! you will be amazing parents!!