Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Adoption Wait

I still can't believe we are on a waiting list to adopt!! It seems so surreal. We have dreamed of being parents. Can we actually be this much closer to that dream coming true! I was thinking about how long we have been married and how long we have been praying for our child. We have been married a little over 6 years and have been waiting for 4 years almost exactly. And, we have been together for 12 years. Sometimes it's hard to imagine it not being just the two of us. It has been just Jarod and I for so long that it sometimes feels like our little family is never going to grow.

I sometimes feel like I am a kid in a candy store waiting in line for my favorite piece of candy. BUT, all the other kids keep passing me and getting that special piece of candy. Even 2, maybe 3 pieces. While I am still waiting and not even nudging a bit. You can only imagine that you would get a little frustrated, wonder why, feel sad and want to just leave and give up. You try to work on your patience and think when my time comes that piece of candy is going to taste so good. This is kinda how I feel. This has lessened somewhat since we decided to adopt but these feelings are still there. I don't think it will completely go away until we are holding our precious gift in our arms.

Being on the waiting list is a great feeling but still hard at the same time. I have so much anticipation and excitement. But have no idea when that excitement can be a reality. We could be parent's in 2 months or 2 years. Which kinda scares me because I want to be a mommy now. I don't want to wait anymore. I know.....patience, patience. The holiday's are approaching and I know that is always a harder time.

I have to keep reminding myself though, when our day comes it is going to be AMAZING!!! We will seriously be the happiest parent's alive! I probably won't be able to sleep for a couple days. If you see a lady running up and down a street hollering that may be me.....and you know what that will mean;) lol. Well, I probably won't quite do that!

After being on the list for 2 months I did finally call last week to get an update. We were number 32 when we went active and are now number 28:)

1 comment:

Jaimee Granberry said...

Patience is not a virtue of mine and I cannot imagine how you feel! God is so good and I pray you'll just feel peace and hope as you wait in anticipation to hold your baby! What a wonderful mommy you will be!