Saturday, September 14, 2013

The Wait

The wait.....this is what it is like! 

Having a due date unknown due date. This is one of the hardest parts! If I only knew when we were going to get our child I would do so much better. I want to do so much but then get discouraged because I really don't know when this will happen. I keep telling myself I want to at least get a crib, changing table/dresser and a couple outfits but then I back out. It is not that I don't want this because I CAN'T WAIT! It hasn't even been a month and it feels like a year. I am hoping I can do better with this. 

I am so excited to adopt but then this whole process makes my heart ache. I pray for strength! I find myself checking the phone more often but then think this is silly because we wouldn't get a phone call this soon. I am ready for the challenge of sleepless nights and crazy schedules. I may be wondering why I said this in the future though. 

I know I am having a hard time but then I try to think of the mother out there that is probably having an even harder time. Adoption is wonderful but is so different than the "cookie cutter" pregnancy. I see so many famalies announcing their exciting news and it does get to me sometimes. How can it be that easy? Our wait of almost four years will make our time even that more special! When our time comes......

5 comments:

Abbie said...

Oh Ashley - I can't imagine how hard this waiting stuff is! I just know that when you have a sweet baby in your arms - you will forget how long and painful this has been because your happiness will completely overwhelm you!! I will pray for patience and strength!!

Jaimee Granberry said...

Waiting is never easy! I have noticed that I always seem to learn and grow the most in these times though. Praying for you!
"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer."-Romans 12:12

Whitney said...

I'm so excited about your post, even if it means you are waiting. You have passed one hurdle-knowing you are going to receive a child, but there are other hurdles left. I pray for you and hoep your wait isn't long. But I am excited that you finally get to experience all this. I can't wait for you to have that baby in your life!

Amy said...

Hi! We live in Pensacola and visit Destin every summer! We to, struggled with infertiliy for 4 years. We ended up adopting and it the best thing ever!! If you have any questions, please email me:) amy
Aks816@cox.net

Guatmama said...

I cannot wait for the pain in this post to be a distant memory. God is choosing your perfect child, and when your child is old enough to understand his/her story...you wouldn't want any of those details to be less than perfect. I love telling God's perfect plan for our son's joining our family to them.