Saturday, February 16, 2013

Preparing For Our FET

We have had some set backs and are doing our FET later than expected but we are thankful to be doing this! Preparing is always a long process and currently I am done with birth control and am taking estrace twice a day. I go back for another ultrasound in a little over a week to check on my ovaries and make sure they look okay. Then I will start taking Progesterone injections. Intramuscular!! I was fine doing SQ injections in my abdomen but IM injections I am a little less fond of. If it is what I need to do I will toughen up though.....I have to!! This time Jarod will have to give them to me so we will be paying a visit to YouTube before then to get him ready:) I think he is a little nervous about doing it but Dr. J said, I will have to do the injections for atleast 19 days. Oh boy!

If everything looks okay they plan on doing our FET sometime in March. I really do hope this will be our time! This transfer has so much meaning to it. I feel if we don't get pregnant I don't know if I will want to go through anymore treatments. I never knew when I would get to that point but I think I am there. It does scare me but I have my trust in God! Jarod has already been to that point for a while and has been so supportive in giving me my time. It took me longer and I feel that we have done all we could do and now the rest is up to HIM. One of the hardest things I have ever done is letting go.

I am just going to take this all in because I have no idea what the future holds. These next couple months will be some of the most important months in our life.

 

10 comments:

Jaimee Granberry said...

I'm praying for you and for complete peace with HIS plan for your family. Praying this FET works!

Tera said...

Praying for you as you go through your FET. Do you have more than one embryo frozen? As for the IM injections, 19 days will definitely stick and your little hips are going to be SORE! But, something to think about, when going through our treatments, I always gave myself my IM injections as well. It's really not that bad. I didn't have to do them back to back though so I only used my right hip...trying to do it in my left hip might have been a little hard? Praying!!

Tera said...

Meant to say 19 days would stink!

barb said...

I am praying for this to have + results for you.I am excited for you.I know the IM injections are not what we want to do.I know you will hurdle over this and do all that needs to be done.Can't wait to hear more.All the best.

Ashley said...

Tera- They told me to switch hips because I will get sore. I am a little scared because I don't know how sore I will be. When we did our IVF they retrieved I think 20 eggs, 16 mature and 3 made it. We only transfered one that was the best quality it could be with our IVF cycle and have 2 little embryos waiting!

Thanks for the prayers ladies!

Erica said...

Praying for you. Wish I lived closer I would give you your shots. I know they say as nurses we can give ourselves shots but I always chicken out. Keep us posted. Good vibes sent your way!

Ps. Thx for always leaving sweet comments on my posts :)

Anonymous said...

praying for you both as you go through this last step. Praying for peace and patience and that you will be blessed beyond!

Whitney said...

Prayers, prayers and more prayers. Praying it is HIS time for you guys!!!

Shannon said...

Hi Ashley... we don't know one another, but I've followed your story via Mandi Knepp's blog. I'm also from Washington, IN so was familiar with your family. You are inspiring - sharing the ins and outs, highs and lows, your determination, trust, pain tolerance :) - it's a truly special story. My faith too has been stretched through infertility and I definitely don't mean to compare one bit by writing, I just know there have been some verses that have meant different things to me at different times in the journey and thought I'd share in case you've not stumbled along them and may find strength in them. First is Psalm 113:9 - He settles the barren woman and makes her a happy mother of children. First time i read this i just couldn't believe something that plain was right their in the Bible. Another is Luke 1 vs 36-37, the angel is telling Mary about becoming the mother to Jesus and also says, "Even Elizabeth your relative is going to have a child in her old age, and she who was said to be barren is in her sixth month. For nothing is impossible with God." I love how this verse about "nothing being impossible with God" is intertwined with his ability to bring forth life and he uses such a specific examples of pregnancy. Then Isaiah 49 - also a chapter that refers to barren woman receiving children (not sure i really understand how all this happens in this chapter but it is powerful all the same) vs 23 closes the whole segment by saying, "Then you will know that I am the LORD; those who hope in me will not be disappointed." Mysteriously fitting words for anyone walking a road of faith. God is able, and God doesn't disappoint. I'm not gonna say his ways aren't wacky cuz from this vantage point, they are! But trustworthy still. Thanks for sharing this walk of faith you are on, it is beautiful to witness. Love, Shannon

Anonymous said...

We need to catch up!! I've been terrible about getting on the blogs for the last few months, but know I've been praying for you guys!!! FB msg me!