Sunday, January 13, 2013

Doubts

I debated about posting this but I am having doubts that I will get pregnant. As most know we took a break after we got a negative pregnancy test after our first IVF. We thought we would try a FET (frozen embryo transfer) the beginning of this year. Well, I waited for my period to start in December     ....and after 45 days I knew it wasn't going to start. And I knew I was NOT pregnant! I try not to stress about it but to be honest that is extremely hard!

 I knew that they had a protocol and if I was late that would push things back. I was suppose to take birth control after I started my period but instead they had me take Provera to start my period and jumped right into taking estrace to prepare for our FET.  I really wanted to take BC because I know it helps decrease the size of large cysts that they tend to find on my ovaries but I was ready to try again!!! Well, I had an u/s last week and guess what?? They seen a large cyst and had to cancel. I have been told "we have to cancel" more times than I ever wanted to hear. I have literally cried leaving the office pretty much everytime because once again they had to give me bad news. I see that look on their face that they hate to tell me the news but they always say, we will get you there! I am starting to have my doubts though! Is there a reason this keeps happening?! I question that all the time! 

For now I am taking BC and will have to go back to Indy for another u/s and we will see from there what we will do next. I always try to stay positive but it is just hard sometimes! I keep praying those two frozen embryos waiting on us will grow inside me! I just don't know if that is in God's plan though:(

4 comments:

Erica said...

oh my heart breaks for you! I remember those dreaded days of waiting. Infertility sucks and nothing said can make it better but I sure want to try and make it better! I will keep praying and hoping for you to have a little miracle. After the 4th year of trying I never thought it would happen but I felt God saying he had a plan for us. He has one for you guys too!!

Jaimee Granberry said...

I'm so sorry to hear you had to cancel another cycle. It just SUCKS! God does have a plan for you and your family...sometimes it's so different from what we imagine & plan for ourselves. I'm praying He will reveal His will for you and you'll feel his peace and comfort as you continue down this road. I also pray this FET is YOUR cycle!!!!!

Whitney said...

Prayers for you all!

Megan said...

Ashley I was just thinking about you this morning and decided to check your blog for post and it breaks my heart to find this. My thoughts and prayers are with you today. I got to tell our adoption story yesterday to a wonderful woman and I get tearful just thinking of those hard years but if I only knew the journey God was going to take us on. I KNOW there is an end to this story and the beginning of a better story but the wait is almost impossible. Praying for strength for you