Thursday, June 2, 2011

Yucky Medicine

So from my last post I had talked about taking a new medication. Well, I tried and tried and couldn't swallow the dang pill. I got so frustrated that I couldn't swallow it that I wanted to start crying. I put it in jelly, ice-cream, cottage cheese, tried to swallow it with milk and a carbonated drink. All things that are supposed to help! This was the first step that I had to take and couldn't do it. I felt like I was letting Jarod down and our dreams. I knew there were other medications out there. It seems like anymore we have 3-4 choices to choose from, right. lol. I called the office and switched from a non-extended release and am currently crushing it. Yuck !!!! It is pretty nasty but I am taking it. So here goes to the begining of working on me finally:) At first everyday that passed felt like a day that I was wasting. I know I don't waste any days but I want to be one step closer to our child instead of one step back! Does anyone else have problems swallowing pills? I feel like I am the only one and hated calling into the office saying, I can't swallow pills. But it is the truth! I am just glad I am taking this yucky pill now. lol. Yucky but hopefully will help:)

3 comments:

Abbie said...

I have trouble taking pills too - Ashley...don't feel bad! I used to get soooooo mad at myself but no matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't do it. For some reason I can sometimes get pills down when I put them in pudding, but that's about it. I wish I had some good advice, but I really don't. Hang in there and just keep trying - and thankfully they could give you something you could crush. I've done that a lot - it's no fun but it gets the job done.

Jess said...

I stink at swallowing pills. People always look at me funny but even to take tylenol this is what I have to do: I take a big, big drink of something (let's say water). Hold the water in my mouth, and look up. nose pointing to the sky, up. Drop the pill in, wait a second or two for it to sink in the water for a minute, then I swallow that big gulp of water all at once. It did take some practice. I'd think about it too much and then I'd think I could feel the pill and it wouldn't go down. But after I could forget about the pill it went down easier. now, some pills do float but those are mostly antiobiotics but this still works for me with a floating pill. Hopefully this will help you. And you can then drink a lot more water after your gulp to ensure it goes down. Don't use a straw tho, can't get a big enough gulp. Good luck and let me know how it goes!!!

Leah Robinson said...

Hang in there babe! Hunter has trouble with it also....I hope it gets easier ;) Love ya!