Monday, February 22, 2010

A little piece of Crate and Barrel

On Valentine's week-end Jarod and I headed to Indy for a little road trip so we could pick up a shelf I had ordered. I usually don't order bigger items unless I see them in person but the moment I seen this I knew it would fit perfect. I had been looking for a while and once I found this shelf on Crate and Barrel's website I knew it was just what I was looking for. But....I still put off buying it for a while and then FINALLY broke down! So glad I did b/c I love it!!! I have never been to the Crate and Barrel store but I have to say that is now one of my new favorite stores:) Has anyone else been there?! After we looked around a few stores we went out to eat at PF Chang's. I have heard of this place before but this was our first time eating there. The food was good but I don't know if we would eat there again. Just wasn't the kind of food we usually like to eat. Still good though....and the lettuce wraps were yummy!! On Valentine's day we didn't do much just relaxed at home together and watched a movie that night.


The leaning shelf- to show off our collection of different bottles and future small TV. This is in our weight room and sometimes it gets boring with only the walls to look at. haha

Not very wide...what I was looking for

Had fun on the way to Indy

Got a little thirsty too


Last week I worked, cleaned, did a few other things and spent one day in E-ville with my parents. We made a stop at the doctor's, Applebee's, Sam's, American Eagle- to pick out a some tops for our trip:) and Krsipy Kreme! It has been forever since I have had a Krispy Kreme donut and as we were leaving Sam's you could smell all those dount's cooking up. I was like.....hmmmm.....can we make one more stop. haha.  

This week-end I worked and am glad to be off today. It was busyyy! We were full and as one patient would be transfered to another floor or discharged another would be admitted. I don't think I even sat for a total of 30 min. my 12 hour shift. I seriously need to get a pedmeter to see how far I walk. I was up and down, up and down the halls like the energizer bunny. haha. Then I had a little trouble sleeping thinking about this patient I had. Sometime when I have a patient that is really sick or worries me I do this. I can't help it. You are with that patient for the whole day and sometimes spend most of your shift with just that patient and then leave at shift change wondering....or may see them the next time at work and check up on them. Do any of you other nurse bloggers do this?! I know you do! The thought I have right now is kinda like a saying you have heard. It may be a crazy job sometimes, but it is my job I love. You can go through this crazy rush and sometimes wonder what am I doing. This is crazy. But then leave and end up saying I don't know what else I would be doing. haha. Sounds silly but true! 

Well....I am off the next couple days. Yeah!! On my week-end:)

Hope everyone has a good week!!!    

4 comments:

JessGraceIz said...

Glad to hear you guys had a good weekend. I will have to check out Crate and Barrel for ideas for our big blank wall. We finally came by your house yesterday to pick Iz's lil blankie.

Chelsa said...

i love crate and barrel too!
and krispy kreme! :) hehe. we rarely get them, they are so rich tasting you can't eat them too much i don't think, but they are a good treat occasionally!

Sue said...

Sounds like you are a really good compassionate nurse!! The world needs more like you. :)

Shaya said...

I, too, enjoy the lettuce wraps! Jared and I aren't big vacationers, but I think we will be those small road trip weekend people. Your weekend sounded nice.