Thursday, November 13, 2008

Follow the Bourbon Trail

Fall is almost behind us now and winter is slowly approaching. Lukily Jarod and I were able to go on part of the Bourbon Trail this past weekend. For some of you who may not know what the Bourbon Trail is. It consists of nine bourbon companys in northern kentucky that you can visit and take tours of. I didn't know what to expect at first becuase I have only heard of it but did not know much about it. Just the basics. Well, I was so glad we went and I had such a great time. We only made it to three but that is because you spend an hour to hour and half at each one. And pretty much all of them close around 3. We went to Jim Beam, Heaven Hill and my favorite Makers Mark. They were interesting to go to because they were all the same but different in their own way. The tours guides were great and we learned a lot. All of them are FREE which is a plus and you get free chocolate!! What else can you ask for.haha. Chocolate alone is good for me....but I love chocolate:) It was the perfect weather when we went and I got some good pictures especially at Makers Mark because it was soo pretty. I love spending time with Jarod and this was a day where it was just us and we had such a great time together. It was my idea to go on the Bourbon Trail but I love, love, love to see new places. I would like to make it a hobby but it would cost just a little too much for me. I am just happy and feel blessed that I have been able to go the places I have been. Besides our little one day road trip we went to Dru's birthday party. I just can't believe he is 3!! He had a ton of fun and the jumpy thing was great. It was so cute when he got his NEW bike as a gift...in no time he jumped right on it and took off like a pro. Just shows how big he is getting and growing up too fast. Other than that I have been working and Jarod has been getting pumped for gun season to open on saturday. I work this weekend so I know what he is going to be doing. Hunting! I just hope he can get a big buck, even though I hate to see the poor deer dead. Well, here are some pics and hope you enjoy them!

1 comment:

Desiree' said...

that place seems interesting! maybe you, jarod me and bubba can go to the other ones you guys didn't get to see sometime!