Tuesday, August 27, 2013

We are ACTIVE!

I wanted to announce that we are officially ACTIVE on the waiting list!!!!!!

Can it really be?
YES:)

We are so EXCITED!


We now get to experience the "wait" that everyone that has adopted or is currently waiting talks about. I was talking to our agency and asked them, what do we do now? They said, just wait. I guess after working on different things and making sure everything was getting done I felt like I should be doing something. 

I was looking back on our journey and wanted to put these dates down mostly for my myself for when we look back. We visited our agency for the first time to ask questions on May 24th. We got to meet our social worker for the first time on June 20th, went to our first class on July 19th and had our home study on August 8th. It took three months to complete everything but it didn't feel that long! At first I was like, it won't take that long but it does. 

We mail all of our printed letters tomorrow and then keep our phones on us pretty much at all times. In our class they said to feel like you are expecting because we could possibly have a child in nine months. I know that is not always the case but I still want to prepare myself for these months ahead and the possibilities! We really don't know what HE has planned for us but we do know there are plans. Praying for us and the mother that is out there!         

6 comments:

Jaimee Granberry said...

What wonderful news! Oh, waiting...sometimes it's the worst! I pray your wait won't feel long at all! God has the perfect child picked just for you!

Tracy said...

How extiting. I also adopted. You ARE expecting. I'm going to follow your journey and pray the God blesses you along the way. My baby is 14 and it seems like yesterday she was put in my arms.
Congrats!!

Tera said...

Woohoo!!! Your baby could be here any day now!! So exciting!!

Chelsa said...

how exciting! congratulations : )

Megan said...

Yay!!! God is so good!!! Prayers for the birthmother and your child as you wait to bring your baby HOME! Also prayers for you and Jarod! This is the hardest part, or at least it was for me! God will give you peace! I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!

Sue said...

I am very excited for you two. I pray things happen quickly for you. God bless!