Thursday, April 12, 2012

Round 3

Last week I drove up to Indy to see Dr. Jarrett for a baseline ultrasound. I always get nervous for this because I am always scared of what they will find. When they did the ultrasound we first looked at the right side. Looked great...still little cysts from my PCOS but other than that good. Then we looked at the left side. Not so good:( I had little cysts on that side as well along with two larger cysts. That is what I was scared about! They checked my estradiol level, gave me birth control pills and a script for Letrozole because we didn't know what Dr. Jarrett was going to do and I left with my hopes down. I got in my car crying because this isn't the first time they seen larger cysts. I had it in my head that Dr. Jarrett was going to say take the birth control and then come back when I have my next period. I had to do that once and it did get rid of my cyst.

The day went along with me feeling a little down but then I got the call later that day from the nurse to tell me my estadiol level was not high meaning that my cyst was not active and that Dr. Jarrett felt comfortable trying for another IUI this month! I wasn't expecting that at all but was HAPPY!!!! I have so much trust in Dr. J and just hope those two cysts don't interfere with my follicles trying to mature.

So I have been taking my Letrozole pills and Bravelle injections this week and go back for another ultrasound to see if I am making some good follicles. I hope so:) I am trying to stay busier so I don't think/worry about the unknowns. This is always more of an emotional time for me but I know that it is in HIS hands. I keep praying for our time to come.

If you could say a prayer for us these next few days/weeks I would appreciate it so much!

5 comments:

Erica said...

Praying for you! I have my fingers and toes crossed for the IUI to work. Hang in there girl!

Tera said...

Praying for you!!

Anonymous said...

Always praying for you!! It WILL happen! Dr. J is amazing! I love him to pieces:) If u need anything, anything at all, let me know! Keep us posted!

Ashley said...

Thank you so much girls!! And Dr. J is amazing...such a good man! If I drive 5 hours total for an office visit he is good. lol

Courtney, Jeff, Ayla & Leah said...

Wahooooo! Prayers ur way!