Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Another Negative

I know I didn't post about our previous IUI but we did do another IUI a couple weeks ago. I didn't talk about it too much and didn't really announce it to too many people that we were doing it. I thought if I didn't tell a lot of people I wouldn't worry about it ALL the time but it really didn't make a difference.

I went in for my baseline ultrasound on a thursday prior to starting my meds/injections again and everything looked great! So I took my meds/injections and then went in for my second ultrasound 10 days later. I had one really good follicle around 20 cm and couple others around 15 cm. MUCH better than December and we weren't messing around with a ton of little follicles like last time. At this point I was having really good feelings about everything thinking this may be our time! So that following monday they did an IUI and everything went really good. Then it was the two week (felt like forever) waiting period.

I did get anxious at times and I know I worried about it more than I should have. I really tried not to but it is soooo hard!!! Well, we waited and then it was time to take the BIG pregnancy test again. I was scared, happy, nervous and hoping for the best! BUT once again it was NEGATIVE! I hate that I am getting used to seeing this reading:( My heart was hurting and all I could think about was that I really did have a good feeling about this. So now we have to take another month off and then we can try again. We are up for trying again and still have hopes but we do get discouraged a little each time. I feel like EVERYONE is announcing they are pregnant and we are slowly getting left behind. I am happy for the other couples but then again it is hard. You feel like you are going on a mary go round and other people are coming off and on as we we continue to ride. I don't know what is in store for our future but we continue to pray and wait for our time!        

5 comments:

Erica said...

I just want to punch negative tests in the face! No matter how much you prepare for the negative and say you won't cry. You do. I am so sorry that you had another negative test. I have been praying for you and think of you daily. I know how it is to want this so bad and I pray that you will have a little one! Everywhere you turn everything screams baby at you, even when you dont want to think or worry about it. Two week waits are just brutal! It just doesn't seem fair. Let me know if you need anything, I am always willing to listen.

Chelsa said...

Still praying for you.

Abbie said...

Dang it - I'm so sorry you have to go thru this!! It just doesn't seem fair...but I KNOW in my heart that God does have everything all planned out. He knows exactly what you are feeling and how disappointed you are! I wish I could do something that would help...o wait - I can!! I am gonna pray my little heart out:) Love you and so sorry!

Tera said...

Negatives do stink. If I got paid for every negative test I've had, I would be rich! I am so sorry you are going through this because I know how badly it hurts!! Praying for continued peace about what you are going through.

Anonymous said...

I know that feeling when everyone else is announcing their pregnancy and you're wondering when it's gonna be your turn!! But I have no doubt ur time is coming!!! U and Jarod (sp?)are meant to be parents, and it will happen!!! I'm always praying for u guys!! Let me know if u need anything!! I promise I won't forget our next lunch date!!!!