Sunday, October 25, 2009

Pumpkin Carving

So Halloween is almost here. I don't know how many of you carve pumpkins but that is one that I love to do for Halloween and basically just for fun! This is something that I have done for many years and always looked forward to it when I was younger. I think a lot of kids love to do this...we even got a couple cute boys ( Aidan and Dru) to help us this year too! They did the digging out of the seeds and the gooey stuff while us adults did the carving. I was going to save some pumpkin seeds but didn't and wish I would have. If you have ever tried them they are good. All you have to do is clean them, sprinkle some salt on them and then pop them in the oven for around 15-20 minutes. Pretty easy.

And a tip for carving- DO NOT use white pumpkins for carving. They are like twice as thick as orange pumpkins and they take forever to carve. I guess I should have figured that out since they weight twice as much as the orange pumpkins. haha

Here are some pictures of our pumpkins and I also have some cute ideas that I may have to try next year....or maybe you might want to try:)



Ta Da!!

Desiree, Shauna, Aidan, Me and Norman
The boys trying to clean out the pumpkins.

How cute are these?! Fun!


I thought the face mask idea was great.

Don't wanna carve. Draw on a pumpkin.

I LOVE the pumkin tower with all the little stars that glow at night.
I thought this was pretty funny. haha
Veggie pumpkins

Hope everyone has a great week! I know this week-end turned out much warmer than I thought...no complaining here. It feels like fall now:)

No comments: